To produce competent pharmacologists to meet the needs of the industry and research organizations, drug discovery research, this demands careful and critical evaluation of biological activities.
o train the students in the skills that are necessary for establishing drug action, mechanisms of drug action, potential pharmacological effects, toxicological effects, molecular interactions, animal health care and maintenance etc. The department is striving towards our vision by providing quality education that effectively integrates critical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Our pharmacology department is equipped with all the required instruments and animals to carry out the research activities by the graduates and Post graduates, Pharm-D & P.B (Post Baccularate)
- In the department of Pharmacology, we learn about the action of various on the living tissues and then this knowledge is extended to the treatment of various diseases and disorders thus form the science of therapeutics.
- It is obvious that both pharmacology and pharmacotherapeutics are extremely helpful to medical and premedical professions.
- At the same time these subjects are useful to professionals working on pharmaceutical research and marketing. It provides the marketing persons with the knowledge on the product that enables them to communicate to doctors.
- Furthermore, the Department’s staff members are actively involved as research coordinators in executing projects at the Department are related to Metabolic Disorders, Hepatoprotective, Nephroprotective, psychopharmacology, Drug-Interaction studies. A well equipped, certified animal house is maintained by the Department.
The Department of Pharmacology is equipped with state-of-the-art equipments. Some of these include:
Broad Research Areas
- Endocrine Pharmacology
- Behavioral and Neuropharmacology
- Cardiovascular Pharmacology
- Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics
- Hepatoprotective and Nephroprotective
Major Instruments/Equipments available
- Student Kymographs
- Eddy’s Hot plate
- Rota rod apparatus
- Y-Maize & Plus Maize
- Research Centrifuge
Career Opportunities in Pharmacology
Trained Pharmacologists can look forward to rewarding Careers in Academia (M. Pharm, B. Pharm, Pharm D, BAMS, BHMS, MDS, BDS, MBBS & MS), Pharmaceutical Industries (Preclinical, Clinical and R&D Scientist) and Contract Research Organizations (CRA, Medical Writing, Medical Coding, Pharmacovigilance) and in Drug Regulatory Agencies (Regulatory Affairs) , Hospital , Clinical and Community Pharmacist in India and in Foreign Countries.